When you think of Houston, you more than likely think of big oil, hot summers and western attire. But the truth is, Houston has become a cultural cosmopolitan hub in the South. We’re in Houston this week (until the 25th) for the PRSA Travel and Tourism Conference. We love this vibrant city so much, we’ve compiled the best reasons to put Houston on your list of cities to check out in 2016.
- Houston is number 1 for job creation in the United States
By quite a bit, actually. If you’re looking for an amazing city to grow and build a career in, Houston is certainly one of the best places to do it!
2. Incredible restaurants
Houston is home to more amazing restaurants than you’ll have time to visit, featuring cuisine from around the globe. Some of the hottest restaurants to check out right now are: B&B Butchers, Biskit Junkie, Foreign Correspondents, Ginger & Fork and Helen Greek Food & Wine.
3. Houston is the most ethnically diverse city in the United States.
Yes, you read that correctly. Even more diverse than the metropolitan regions of New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami and San Francisco.
4. Houston is home to several world-class museums and cultural landmarks.
A few to check out when you’re in town: Museum of Fine Arts, Museum of Natural Science, Holocaust Museum, Contemporary Arts Museum, The Health Museum and The Menil Collection.
5. Beyoncé is from Houston. What further reason do you need!?
In her words: “I always come back during Thanksgiving, Christmas and the Houston Rodeo.
My favourite places to eat are Frenchy’s Chicken, This Is It and Pappadeaux. I shop at The Galleria.
I love Houston. Some of the best moments of my life took place there. This will always be home to me!” – B
Collaborate with the CleanPix team over these 5 outlined steps in order to guarantee best practices and results. Usually, these can be easily completed within the first 30 days of the contract start date.
- Upload your most popular files
- With 3TB of available storage, you’ll have room to grow. Upload your most popular or commonly used files first to get started.
- CleanPix offers multiple methods to get your files into the system, including directly from an external drive. Contact us if you need your files imported from an external drive.
- Create categories for organization
- Categories make organization or searching for files quick and simple.
- We’ll help with suggestions for common ways to set up categories that work for you.
- Create your first gallery and link it to your online press room
- Your files are ready to go! Just add them to a protected gallery (that’s the default setting) and link to your online press room. No password management required!
- Make a request from your new gallery to see how easy it is to manage.
- Send files directly using our instant access feature
- Did you get an urgent phone call asking for a set of images? Send them straight away with CleanPix’s instant access feature. It’s the big blue (“Deliver”) button. You can’t miss it!
- Take advantage of unlimited administrator profiles by adding another member of your team to your CleanPix account
- CleanPix works great when you have another team member who can help to manage media requests and deliver instant access.
- We’ll show you how to create a new administrator profile and schedule a quick 10-minute training session on how to use CleanPix.
“CleanPix has helped us to manage a huge selection of product photography from our international suppliers. It has increased our brand’s efficiency and has allowed us to react quickly to requests for marketing materials from both clients and press. We are able to use CleanPix on both our iPhones and iPads, which is a huge productivity booster.”
– Gunnar Kilian, Owner of Kilian International Design
About Kilian International Design
Kilian carries modern contemporary furniture and accessories suited for living, dining and sleeping. Leather, wood, glass and steel figure prominently in this sleek shop. You’ll find furniture lines from mobital, Natuzzi, Tekno, Italstudio and Lind. Plus, there’s a selection of kitchenware and unique gifts for the chef on your list.
The first tweet.
The time Oreo won the Superbowl.
This sad, dark tweet from Martha Stewart.
The legendary Oscar selfie.
But pets have always been the true stars of Twitter.
Even more so when The White House tweets about them (and kills it with a “Mean Girls” reference).
Kanye West reminded us how much he loves himself.
Niall has no idea that One Direction is about to become a thing.
JK Rowling is full of sass for Twitter haters. But she’s also very insightful.
And we still don’t know what Cher is trying to say in her tweets.
BONUS: We also discussed the important issues (if you aren’t already, follow us! 😁)
“Florida Repertory Theatre has been a member of the CleanPix family since its very early days, and it turned things around for our marketing and PR department. We were on the cutting edge of photo management and press releasing in 2007, and are delighted with all of the new features. We look forward to using all of the new features as we continue to be a customer. We’re delighted to have been a part of the development.”
– Jason Parrish, Associate Director at Florida Repertory Theatre
About Florida Repertory Theatre
Celebrating 18 years of Award-Winning Regional Theatre, Florida Repertory Theatre is a fully professional theatre company that The Wall Street Journal called “One of America’s Top Repertory Companies!”Performing in the Historic Arcade Theatre, Florida Rep produces a wide variety of comedies, dramas and musicals, and brings more than 80,000 people to the Fort Myers River District annually throughout its October to May season.
When is the right time to outsource your photo and video management? If one of the following scenarios sound familiar, you and your communications team may want to consider outsourcing the management of your brand media assets (High resolution photos, high definition videos, logos, PDF’s, power point presentations, etc.)
- “My IT Director has told me that our servers are at capacity with my high resolution photos and HD videos. I need to clean it up and organize it.”
- “I’ve looked here and there and I still can’t find the final photo for the ad. Is it on that hard drive, that computer or in that folder?”
- “Trying to use my share drive for delivering files is a nightmare and email is out of the question.”
- “I seem to spend all day formatting the same logo and photo for different uses?”
It’s important to have a solid strategy in place to set an organizational structure for your brand media, before it becomes a nightmare. Outsourcing to an established service specifically designed with features that help you in organizing and controlling brand media assets is not only a good idea, it makes smart business sense. It saves your marketing & communications team hours each week and allows them turn over files much faster.
Many organizations waste 30% or more of their time searching for the right files in the necessary formats. It adds up to a huge expense in salaried time as well as time that your team is not spending being creative. Improving productivity in managing brand assets is such a simple fix, and is one that not enough businesses are taking advantage of.
When you have a large library of files, delivery of assets through shared drives as a means of proactively communicating with internal and external networks can be clunky at best. Internal shared drives are mainly designed for internal use and do not typically have all of the search and organization capabilities of an outsourced service. Emailing large files does not work efficiently and using freemium services is also a drain on your time in continually uploading and removing files.
There are several services in the marketplace with a wide range of price points. Some services are designed as internal tools for collaboration for designers but lack simplicity for communications teams and finished files. If the service you are considering comes with a “team” of support staff, run for the door! Those are key words for complicated and expensive. Support is important but the service should have a streamlined and simple workflow.
The service you choose should be fast to set up and designed to get to work for your team right away. Here at CleanPix, we believe in giving you complete control over your assets and that’s why we give you agile tools that allow you to shift direction on a moment’s notice. Here’s the best part though: our service is priced competitively to ensure a healthy bottom-line return on your investment.
Take CleanPix for a 14-day test drive to find out how efficient it can be to outsource your photo and video management.
“CleanPix just keeps getting simpler and easier to use. The extra space is very nice as are other features like the media sheet, logos for conversion to other files. Very handy.”
– Lori Harrington , Sales & Marketing Coordinator at CIRI Alaska Tourism
About CIRI Alaska Tourism:
Alaska’s visitor industry continues to grow with travelers interest in Alaska’s wilderness, wildlife, and Alaska Native culture. More people are interested in traveling independently, creating their own experiences and itineraries. As a result, CIRI formed a tourism division in 1997 to focus on soft-adventure activities, and it owns and operates custom tour packages built around the lodges and day cruises.
Visit the CIRI Alaska Tourism website here.
Target has always been heavily involved in the music industry by partnering with artists to release expanded versions of their albums exclusive to Target locations. But last night during the Grammy Awards, Target took their love of music to the next level by partnering with Gwen Stefani to broadcast a live music video for Gwen Stefani’s new single, Make Me Like You.
The video played out like a 4-minute target commercial, with elaborate sets and costume design that were largely branded to Target’s signature style. The team behind this video pulled out all the stops to create conversation online, including a cleverly-planned fall that turned out to just be a stunt double. The music video was a brilliant way to bridge the gap between traditional media and digital media, by using television in real-time to generate online conversation. Twitter lit up with comments during the video as Gwen Stefani became one of the top trending topics.
As marketers, it has become increasingly difficult to find something “never done before” to promote brands and products. For the past few years, influencer marketing has been the safest bet, but last night’s stunt from Gwen Stefani and Target proves that taking huge risks can sometimes yield big results. The concept for last night’s campaign reminded our team of the clever marketing ploy from Royal Carribbean using Periscope to share their traveller experience in live time on digital billboards across the country.
As of this morning, Gwen’s new single has climbed to number 8 on the iTunes charts. A short while ago, the video has been to YouTube and Vevo. Watch here: